SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS OF MENTAL STATUS IN PATIENTS WITH RHEUMATIC ARTHRITIS DEPENDING ON SEX
The work is devoted to the study the specific characteristics of mental status in patients with different variants of polymorphic regions of the A1438-G gene of the serotonin receptor 2A (HTR2A), ill with rheumatoid arthritis, depending on gender, and to study the relationship between anxiety-depressive disorders and pain intensity and clinical signs of the disease. Materials and мethods used in the study. The distribution of genotype rate of serotonin receptor 5-HT2A A1438-G gene was studied in 100 patients with RA. Anxiety level was assessed by Spielberger State-Trait Anxiety Scale. Depressive status and depression severity was evaluated by Hamilton Depression Rating Scale. Females with GG genotype were found to have higher level of pain feelings and the presence of anxiety signs associated with depression symptoms, while in males with GG genotype had the prevalence of inflammatory component and the depression symptoms.In females with AA genotype pain syndrome indices were associated with high anxiety indices, and in females with AG genotype they were dependent on the presence or absence of anxiety and depression, while in males with AG genotype pain syndrome was associated with SA indices.
2. Aletaha, D., Neogi, T., Silman, A.J., et al. (2010). Rheumatoid Arthritis Classification Criteria: An American College of Rheumatology and European League Against Rheumatism Collaborative Initiative. Arthritis Rheum. Vol. 62. 2569–81. DOI: 10.1002/art.27584
3. Chassin-Troubert, A. M., Lillo, C., Prieto, S., Castro, A., Gatica, H., Carrasco, P., Bozan, F., Sabugo, F., Wurman, P., Cruz, J., Saavedra, S., Goecke, A. (2019). Prevalence of anxiety/depression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis at the university of chile`s clinical hospital and their associations with dissease activity indexes and quality of life. Ann Rheum Dis. 78(2):1620.: DOI:http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1136/an-nrheumdis-2019-eular.5885
4. Hamilton, M. A. Rating scale for depression. (1960 ). Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. 23. 56–62.
5. Lwin, M.N., Serhal, L., Holroyd, C., Edwards, C.J. (2020). Rheumatoid Arthritis: The Impact of Mental Health on Disease: A Narrative Review. Rheumatol. Ther. 7(3):457-471. doi: 10.1007/s40744-020-00217-4
6. Lwin, M.N., Serhal, L., Holroyd, C., Edwards, C.J. (2020). Depression is two times more common in RA patients than in the general population [Rheumatoid Arthritis: The Impact of Mental Health on Disease: A Narrative Review. Rheumatol. Ther. 7(3):457-471. doi: 10.1007/s40744-020-00217-4.]
7. Machin, A.R, Babatunde, O., Haththotuwa, R., Scott I., Blagojevic-Bucknall, M., Corp, N., Chew-Graham, C.A, Hider, S.L. (2020). The association between anxiety and disease activity and quality of life in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Rheumatol. 39(5):1471-1482. doi: 10.1007/s10067-019-04900-y
8. Nomura, M., Kaneko, M., Okuma, Y., Nomura, J.,Kusumi, I.,Koyama, T., Nomura, Ya. (2015). Involvement of Serotonin Transporter Gene Polymorphisms (5-HTT) in Impulsive Behavior in
the Japanese Population. PLoS One. 10(3):169-74. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119743
9. Peterson, S., Piercy, J., Blackburn, S., Sullivan, E., Karyekar, C. S, Li, N. (2019). The multifaceted impact of anxiety and depression on patients with rheumatoid arthritis. BMC Rheumatol 3, 43. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41927-019-0092-5
10. Smesam, H.N., Qazmooz, H.A., Khayoon, S.Q., Almulla, A.F., Al-Hakeim, H.K., Maes, M.J. (2022). Pathway Phenotypes Underpinning Depression, Anxiety, and Chronic Fatigue Symptoms Due to Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Precision Nomothetic Psychiatry Analysis. Pers. Med. 12(3):476. doi: 10.3390/jpm 12030476
11. Spielberger, Ch.D. Theory and research on anxiety. – Jn Ch.D.Spielberger (Ed.). Anxiety and Behavior, New York; Acad. Press, 1966.
Abstract views: 16 PDF Downloads: 12