REPRESSIONS OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UAOC IN CHERNIHIV REGION IN THE 1920S AND 1930S (ACCORDING TO THE MATERIALS OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIVE CASES)
The purpose of this work is to analyze the repression of the clergy of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (hereinafter referred to as the UAOC) in Chernihiv Region. The main basis for the source-based analysis is criminal investigative cases from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine in Chernihiv region (hereinafter – the archive of the SSU in Chernihiv region), the Branch State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine (hereinafter – BSA SSU) and the State Archive of Chernihiv region (hereinafter – SACR). The work presents a small historiographical excursion of the problem. The author analyzed the reasons for the persecution and pressure on representatives of the UAOC, described the socio-economic life of the clergy during the period of repression. Using the statistical method, the researcher establishes the age and national composition of repressed persons, their level of education and participation in military operations during the Civil War. The author cites the memories of priests, which, in turn, makes it possible to reconstruct their lives and activities during the period of repression. The article establishes the exact number of repressed archbishops and bishops of the UAOC in the region. With the help of various research methods, the peculiarities of falsification of criminal cases of the clergy are indicated. The article defines the types of punishments that were applied to representatives of the UAOC.
2. Criminal case. (1931). Derzhavnyi arkhiv Chernihivskoi oblasti. [State archive of Chernihiv region]. f. r. 8840, op. 3 Spr., 6323.
3. Criminal case. (1935). Derzhavnyi arkhiv Chernihivskoi oblasti. [State archive of Chernihiv region]. f. r. 8840, op. 3 Spr., 10975.
4. Criminal case. (1930). Arkhiv Upravlinnia Suzhby bezpeky Ukrainy v Chernihivskii oblasti [Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine in Chernihiv region]. f. 6, Spr., p. 9902.
5. Criminal case. (1937). Derzhavnyi arkhiv Chernihivskoi oblasti. [State archive of Chernihiv region]. f. r.-8840, op. 3 Spr., 10927.
6. Criminal case. (1935). Arkhiv Upravlinnia Suzhby bezpeky Ukrainy v Chernihivskii oblasti [Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine in Chernihiv region]. f. 6, Spr., p. 16606.
7. Hlukhenkyi, A. A. (2018). Chernihivski arkhiierei Ukrainskoi Avtokefalnoi Pravoslavnoi tserkvy u 20-kh rokakh XX st. [Chernigiv archiereae of Ukraine Autocephal Orthodox church In the 20s of the XX century]. Sivershchyna v istorii Ukrainy – Severshchyna in the history of Ukraine, 11, P. 321–324. [in Ukrainian].
8. Hlukhenkyi, A. A. (2021). Arkhiiepyskop Ivan Pavlovskyi yak budivnychyi Ukrainskoi Avtokefalnoi Pravoslavnoi Tserkvy na Chernihivshchyni [Archbishop Ivan Pavlovsky as budivnychi of the Ukrainian Autocephal Orthodox church in Chernigiv Region]. Siverians'kyjlitopys – Severyanannals.6, P. 33–41. [in Ukrainian].
9. Khromova, V. V. (2022). Nizhynskyi yepyskop Mykola Semenovych Shyrai (1870–1938 rr.) [Bishop of Nizhynsk Mykola Semenovych Shyrai (1870–1938)]. Kulturolohichnyi almanakh – Cultural almanac, 3. P. 104–110. [in Ukrainian].
10. Khromova V. V., Yachmenikhin K. M. (2023). Kryminalna Sprava 1939 R. Vasylia Vasylovycha Potiienka [Criminal case of 1939 Vasyl Vasylovycha Potyenka]. Kulturolohichnyi almanakh – Cultural almanac, 1. P. 78–83. [in Ukrainian].
11. Prelovska I., (2009). Peresliduvannia ta likvidatsiia UAPTs (UPTs) (1921–1938 rr.): ohliad arkhivno-kryminalnykh sprav HDA SB Ukrainy ta TsDAHO Ukrainy [Persecution and liquidation of the UAPC (UPC) (1921–1938): review of archival and criminal cases of the State Security Service of Ukraine and the Central Security Agency of Ukraine]. Z arkhiviv VUChK-HPU-NKVD-KHB. – From the archives of the VUCHK-GPU-NKVD-KGB, 1 (32). P. 26–48. [in Ukrainian].
12. Represovani diiachi Ukrainskoi Avtokefalnoi Pravoslavnoi Tserkvy 1921–1939 rr.: biohrafichnyi dovidnyk (2011). [Repressed figures of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church 1921–1939: biographical guide]: redkol.: Bukharieva I. V., Danylenko V. M., Okipniuk V. M., Prelovska I. M. Kyiv: «Smoloskyp», [in Ukrainian].
13. Tymoshyk, M. S. (2016). Stanovlennia, stverdzhennia ta znyschennia Ukrains'koi Avtokefal'noi tserkvy na Chernihivschyni u 20–30-kh rokakh XX stolittia (za arkhivnymy ta presoiu kolyshn'oi Nizhyns'koi okruhy). [Timoshyk M. S. Formation, affirmation and destruction of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Church in the Chernihiv region in the 20s and 30s of the 20th century (according to archives and the press of the former Nizhyn district).]. Siverians'kyj litopys – Severyan annals. 6. P. 107–128. [in Ukrainian].
14. Yemelianov V., Kulyk V.(2011). Do istorii UAPTs na Nizhynshchyni (dobirka dokumentiv) [To the history of the UAOC in the Nizhyn region (a selection of documents)]. Nizhynska starovyna – Nizhyn antiques, 11. P. 120–130 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 42 PDF Downloads: 23