DEVELOPMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY OF STUDENT YOUTH AS ONE OF THE UNIVERSITY TASKS
The article presents analysis and characterization of definitions of responsibility in scientific research and responsibility defined as an important property of the personality. Author presented the pertinences between responsibility, freedom of choice, values and morality. The influence of such skills as reflection and empathy on the development of responsibility is getting determined. The author analyzed psychological – pedagogical features of student age, which include: the formation of self – identity and worldview, search for their place in life, the formation of the value core of the individual, recognition of their own involvement in socially positive changes. Student age is defined as a sensitive period for the development of responsibility. It is established that the social activity of student youth, involvement in solving social problems, contributes to the development of responsibility and recognition of their own importance in the implementation of socially positive transformations in the community. Service – Learning is interpreted as one of the approaches to the development of responsibility of student youth. Service-Learning is characterized as an effective way to involve student youth in active participation in community life by helping to solve problems relevant to it, which contributes to a sense of self-importance, and consequently, the development of responsibility. The results of scientific researches on the influence of Service – Learning on the development of responsibility of student youth are generalized.
2. Bekh, I. D. (1995). Vid voli do osoby`stosti. [From will to personality]. Kyiv: Ukraine-Vita. [in Ukrainian].
3. Brozmanovа, G. A., Kubelakovа, M. (2017). Service – learning and development of social and personal responsibility. IV JIAS Conference of researchers on service-learning. Buenos Aires. 82–88. [in English].
4. Butin, D. V. (2003) Of What Use Is It? Multiple Conceptualizations of Service Learning Within Education. Teachers College Record. Vol. 105, № 19. 1674–1692. [in English].
5. Chaplak Ya. V. (2018). Problema empatiyi v psy`xologiyi ta yiyi vazhly`vist` u profesijnomu stanovlenni psy`xologa. [The problem of empathy in psychology and its importance in the professional development of a psychologist]. Psychological Journal. 5 (15). 24–39. DOI: 10.31108/2018vol12iss2 [in Ukrainian].
6. Erikson E. (2000). Detsvo i obshhestvo [Childhood and Society]: Ed. 2nd, rev. and add. / lane Alekseev A.A. SPb.: "Letnij sad". [in Russian].
7. Frankl, V. (1990). V bor`be za smy`sl. [Man in search of meaning]. M: Progress. [in Russian].
8. Fromm, E. (1994). Escape from Freedom. New York: Henry Holt & Company Inc. [in English].
9. Furco, A., Anderson, B., Hirt, L., López, I., Maruyama, G., Matthews, P.H., Schulzetenberg, A., Wilder, S.O. (2017). Measuring Service – Learning quality: developing best practices instrument and algorithm. IV JIAS Conference of researchers on service-learning. Buenos Aires. 30–39. [in English].
10. Kant, I. (1994). Kritika chistogo razuma [Critique of pure reason]. M: Misl. [in Russian].
11. Manuylov, E. (2014). Problema vidpovidal`nosti osoby`stosti v konteksti morali [Problem of personal responsibility in the context of morality]. Visny`k Nacional`nogo universy`tetu «Yury`dy`chna akademiya Ukrayiny` imeni Yaroslava Mudrogo», 4, 29–34. [in Ukrainian].
12. Maslow, А. Н. (1943). A Theory of Human Motivation. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.318.2317&rep=rep1&type=pdf [in English].
13. Savchin, M. (1996). Vidpovidal`nist`: smy`slovy`j pry`ncy`p moty`vacijnoyi regulyaciyi povedinky` osoby`stosti [Responsibility: the semantic principle of motivational regulation of personality behavior]. Pedagogika i psy`xologiya. № 1, 10–18. [in Ukrainian].
14. Stančienė, D. M. (2010). Social Ethics of Hans Jonas: the responsibility principle. LOGOS, 62, 65–72. Retrieved from URL http://www.litlogos.eu/L62/Logos_62_065_072_Stanciene.pdf
15. [in Lithuanian].
16. Slobodchikov, V. I., Isae, E. I. (2000). Osnovy` psixologicheskoj antropologii. Psixologiya razvitiya cheloveka: razvitie sub``ektivnoj real`nosti v ontogeneze: Uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov [Fundamentals of psychological anthropology. Psychology of human development: the development of subjective reality in ontogenesis: A textbook for universities]. M.: Shkol`naya pressa. [in Russian].
17. Vashchenko, G. (1999). Vy`xovannya voli i xarakteru – pidruchny`k dlya pedagogiv [Upbringing of will and character – a textbook for teachers]. Kyiv: Shkolyar. [in Ukrainian].
18. Zebrowska, M. (Ed.) (1975). Psychologia rozwojowa dzieci i młodzieży [Developmental psychology of children and youth]. Warsaw: State Scientific Publishers. [in Polish].
Abstract views: 118 PDF Downloads: 85