MELODY AS A FACTOR OF VOCAL AND PERFORMING INTERPRETATION OF THE OPERA IMAGE
The aim of the article is to determine current approaches to the phenomenon of opera melodics, clarify the concept of opera melody, substantiate the priority of vocal and performing interpretation in the formation of an opera image and in the development of an opera musical text. A comprehensive methodology for studying the genre nature of opera and its typological artistic features is proposed. The combination of textual and semantic approaches makes it possible to expand the understanding of the melodic functions of an opera text and its communicative tasks. The scientific novelty of the research is due to the identification of aesthetic, structural and compositional, artistic and psychological prerequisites for the creation of the theory of opera melos as an autonomous discipline that can influence modern opera studies and the creative practice of opera performers. The conclusions of the article indicate the key properties of the opera melody, which make it possible to characterize it as a way of creating an opera speech; emphasize the main factors of the opera melodic speech: the enlargement of the elements of the theme and the strengthening of its discreteness, the altitude-rhythmic fixation of the motivational relief, which makes it possible to convey the sound and content of the word, orientation on the “image of feeling”, emotional fullness and psychological personal reasoning, the requirement of getting used to and rebirth into an opera image and specific timbre predestination, that is, being attached to a certain type of vocal voice.
2. Dzhan, Bibo. (2005). O znachenii verbal'noy simvoliki v muzyke [On the meaning of verbal symbolism in music]. Musical art and culture: Science newsletter ODMA іm. A.V. Nezhdanovoy: zb. sciences. articles. Odessa: Drukarskiy dim. Vip. 6. Kn. 2. P. 142–151. [in Russian].
3. Katayeva, O. (2011). Kommunikativnyye osnovy melodiki golosa lichnosti. [Communicative foundations of personality voice melody]. URL: http://www.analiculturolog.ru/journal/archive/item/622-communicative-framework-melodic-voice-personality.html [in Russian].
4. Kurt, E. (1975). Romanticheskaya garmoniya i yeye krizis v «Tristane» Vagnera. [Romantic harmony and its crisis in Wagner's Tristan]. Moscow: Muzyka. [in Russian].
5. Levasheva, O. (1980). Puchchini i yego sovremenniki. [Puccini and his contemporaries]. Moscow: Sovetskiy kompozitor. [in Russian].
6. Samoylenko, A. (2002). Dialog kak muzykal'no-kul'turologicheskiy fenomen: metodologicheskiye aspekty sovremennogo muzykoznaniya. [Dialogue as a musical and cultural phenomenon: methodological aspects of modern musicology]. Thesis …Doctors of art history: spec. 17.00.03 – musical art. Odessa. [in Russian].
7. Tyulin, YU. (1974). Muzykal'naya forma: uchebnik. [Musical form: textbook]. Moscow: Muzyka. [in Russian].
8. U, TSzinin. (2008). Semanticheskaya model' tragedii kak osnova zhanrovoy poetiki opery. [The semantic model of tragedy as the basis of the genre poetics of opera]. Thesis. …Candidate of art history: spec. 17.00.03 – musical art. Odessa. [in Russian].
9. Chzhen, TSzin. (2013). Tema lyubvi kak esteticheskaya i muzykal'no-intonatsionnaya paradigma opernogo zhanra. [The theme of love as an aesthetic and musical-intonational paradigm of the opera genre]. Thesis. …Candidate of art history: spec. 17.00.03 – musical art. Odessa. [in Russian].
10. Chzhu, Lu. (2012). Liricheskiy geroy kak muzykal'no-smyslovaya paradigma russkoy opery XIX veka. [The lyrical hero as a musical and semantic paradigm of Russian opera of the 19th century]. Thesis …Candidate of art history: spec. 17.00.03 – musical art. Odessa. [in Russian].
11. Sheludyakova, O. (2006). Fenomen melodiki v muzyke pozdnego romantizma. [The phenomenon of melody in the music of late romanticism]. Thesis …Doctors of art history: spec. 17.00.02 – musical art. Ekaterinburg. [in Russian].
Abstract views: 45 PDF Downloads: 24