PECULIARITIES OF DISTANCE FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING
The article defines distance learning as an appropriate way to reform education and increase learning effectiveness and introduce advanced educational systems. It is emphasized that distance learning is a new organization of education based on the use of both the best traditional methods of acquiring knowledge and new information and telecommunication technologies that have been adopted in education through online learning environments «platforms». It was emphasized that Skype and ZOOM are the most common platforms for conducting classes that are used today in Ukrainian educational institutions. The advantages and disadvantages of using distance learning in the process of learning foreign languages are highlighted. Among the main advantages, we named the following: a great chance to learn from home, pursue his choice of education at any time of his life, flexibility in a distance learning program, and others. The main disadvantages are as follows: the physical aspect of learning, students have to master a lot of theoretical materials on their own, lack of live communication, cheating, etc. The role of the teacher and students of higher education in the educational process is defined.
2. Fedynich, L. V. (2013). Teaching beyond the classroom walls: The pros and cons of cyber learning. Journal of Instructional Pedagogies, 13, 1–7.
3. Gilakjani, A. (2017). A review of the literature on the integration of technology into the learning and teaching of English language skills. International Journal of English Linguistics, 7 (5), 95–106.
4. Guerra, J. (2013). Web-based language class activities: contexts of uses and background methodologies. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 83, 117–124. 5. Omelchenko, I. V. (2020). Advantages and disadvantages of distance learning. Herald pedagogiki. Nauka i Praktyka – Herald of pedagogy. Science and Practice, 55, 17–18.
6. Sadeghi, M. (2019). A shift from classroom to distance learning: Advantages and limitations. International Journal of Research in English Education, 4 (1), 80–88. 7. Stickler, R., & Hampel, R. (2015). Transforming Teaching: New Skills for Online Language Learning Spaces. Developing Online Language Teaching: Research-Based Pedagogies and Reflective Practices (pp. 63–77).
8. Distance learning. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/topic/distance-learning.
9. Turchyn, A., Glotov, O., Krut, O. (2017). The Peculiarities of Distance Foreign Language Learning, 13 (1), 555–572. Retrieved from https://www.webofscience.com/wos/woscc/ fullrecord/WOS:000769947800030
Abstract views: 117 PDF Downloads: 81