EVALUATION OF EFFICIENCY OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS’ ACTIVITIES IN UKRAINE
The metrics of the European University Association and indicators of other organizations (UK Committee of University Chairs, Teaching Excellence Framework) have been analyzed in the article. Leading international rankings (Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), QS World University Rankings, THE Impact Rankings, THE Europe Teaching Rankings) have been investigated in order to determine the main indicators of higher education institutions. National metrics and indicators have been studied (rating “Top 200 Ukraine 2020”, the formula for the distribution of expenditures under the article “Training of freelancers and ensuring the activities of their bases of practice” for 2020). The approaches and views of domestic and foreign researchers on the problem of efficiency in the field of higher education have been clarified. As a result of the analysis, the urgency of the problem of finding adequate mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of higher education institutions in Ukraine have been proved. Based on the study, a system of indicators for assessing the effectiveness of higher education institutions in Ukraine in terms of organizational, academic, research and financial / economic components have been suggested.
2. Estermann T., Kupriyanova V., Casey M. (2018) Efficiency, Effectiveness and Value for Money: Insights from Ireland and Other Countries. USTREAM Report. Retrieved from: https://eua.eu/resources/ publications/756:efficiency,-effectiveness-and-value-for-money-insights-from-ireland-and-other-countries.html
3. Estermann T., Kupriyanova V. (2018) Efficiency, Effectiveness and Value for Money: Insights from the UK and Other Countries. Retrieved from: https://eua.eu/resources/publications/320:efficiency,-effectiveness-and-value-for-money-insights-from-the-uk-and-other-countries-a-ustream-report.html.
4. Pruvot E. B., Estermann T. (2017) University Autonomy in Europe III: The Scorecard 2017. Retrieved from: https://eua.eu/downloads/publications/university%20autonomy%20in%20europe%20iii%20the%20scorecard%202017.pdf.
5. European University Association (2004) “Quality assurance: a reference system for indicators and evaluation procedures”. Retrieved from: https://eua.eu/downloads/publications/quality%20assurance%20a%20reference%20system%20for%20indicators%20and%20evaluation%20procedures.pdf.
6. UK Committee of University Chairs (2020) The Higher Education Code of Governance 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.universitychairs.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/CUC-HECode-of-Governance-publication-final.pdf.
7. QS World University Rankings (2021) Retrieved from: https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2021
8. Academic Ranking of World Universities. Retrieved from: http://www.shanghairanking.com.
9. Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2021) Retrieved from: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2021/world-ranking#.
10. THE Impact Rankings (2020). Retrieved from: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/rankings/impact/2020/overall#!/page/0/length/25/locations/UA/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/undefined.
11. THE Europe Teaching Rankings 2019: Methodology. Retrieved from: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/europe-teaching-rankings-2019-methodology
12. Teaching Excellence Framework: Year two additional guidance [Electronic resource]: http://www.hefce.ac.uk/media/HEFCE,2014/Content/Pubs/2016/201632/HEFCE2016_32.pdf
13. Nezalezhne otsiniuvannia universytetiv: akademichnyi reitynh “TOP-200 UKRAINA 2020”. [Independent evaluation of universities: academic rating “TOP-200 UKRAINE 2020”]. Retrieved from: http://www.euroosvita.net/index.php/?category=1&id=6556.
14. Pro rozpodil vydatkiv derzhavnoho biudzhetu mizh zakladamy vyshchoi osvity na osnovi pokaznykiv yikh osvitnoi, naukovoi ta mizhnarodnoi diialnosti: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy; Rozpodil vid 24.12.2019 № 1146. [On the distribution of state budget expenditures between higher education institutions on the basis of indicators of their educational, research and international activities: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1146-2019-%D0%BF
Abstract views: 42 PDF Downloads: 27