HYGIENIC ASSESSMENT OF THE CONDITIONS OF PSYCHIATRIC MEDICAL STAFF IN HEALTH CARE FACILITIE
The article presents an analysis of the incidence of mental disorders in Ukraine and European countries, describes the WHO action plans for the mental health of the planet, and ways to overcome the incidence of mental and behavioral disorders. The complication of deinstitutionalization (reduction of psychiatric hospitals and reduction of days in them) in European countries and the creation of new institutions, conditions of stay in a nearby “therapeutic/healing environment”, which return about 90% of patients to independent living in the community. In Ukraine, the process of deinstitutionalization reduced psychiatric facilities by 34.7% but, no new premises have been building, and the old premises of psychiatric hospitals, which have been building from 1786 to 2013, were not reconstructed according to the old sanitary and hygienic requirements – the socalled “corridor system”, which did not take into account the comfort for mentally ill patients, but only stay/treatment for a long time up to 53 days (up to 33 days in the Ministry of Health) for 20 days in European countries. With an increased incidence of mental disorders in Ukraine (2015) by 9.4% compared to European countries – 3.8% of the total population, the staff decreased to 21.4% for the period 2010/2017. In Ukraine, which leads to the use of existing hospitals with their overcapacity and higher workload of health workers, and conditions for both the mentally ill and medical staff have not improved.
2. Carr Robert F. Psychiatric facility. Nika. for VA Office of Construction & Facilities Management (2017). [(CFM) Revised by the WBDG Health Care Subcommittee]. https://www.wbdg.org/building-types/health-care-facilities/psychiatric-facility
3. Chorna V.V (2021). Porivnialnyi analiz finansuvannia sfery okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy ta krain yevropeiskoho soiuzu [Comparative analysis of health care financing in Ukraine and the European Union]. Visnyk sotsialnoi hihiieny ta orhanizatsii okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. 1(87), 45-49. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11603/1681-2786.2021.1.12142
4. Chorna V.V (2020). Reformuvannia okhorony zdorovia dlia zmitsnennia psykhichnoho zdorovia naselennia Ukrainy ta dosvid krain EU [Health care reform to strengthen the mental health of the population of Ukraine and the experience of EU countries]. Visnyk Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu. 24(3), 447-456. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31393/reports-vnmedical-2020-24(3)-11
5. Chorna V.V, Makhniuk V.M, Chaika G.V & Kovalev M.O (2021). Obgruntuvannia sanitarno-epidemiolohichnoi skladovoi do novoi redaktsii derzhavnykh budivelnykh norm Ukrainy “ZAKLADY OKHORONY ZDOROVIA” shchodo proektuvannia psykhiatrychnykh likaren z urakhuvanniam mizhnarodnoho dosvidu [Substantiation of the sanitary-epidemiological component to the new edition of the state building norms of Ukraine “HEALTH INSTITUTIONS” concerning designing of psychiatric hospitals taking into account the international experience]. Visnyk Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu. 25(1), 118-125. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31393/reports-vnmedical-2021-25(1)-22
6. Chorna V.V., Shevchuk A.M. (2021). [The current state of mental health in the XXI century in the context of health care reform]. Europen vector of development of the modern scientific researches: collective monograph/ edited by authors. Ist ed. Riga, Latvia: “Baltija Publishing”, 396 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-26-077-3-1
7. D’Agostino A., Ferrara P., Terzoni S. et al. (2020). [Efficacy of triple chronotherapy in unipolar and bipolar depression: a systematic review of the available evidence]. Journal of Affective Disorders. 276, 297-304.
8. Hsu T., Ryherd E., Waye K. & Ackerman J. (2012). [Noise pollution in hospitals: Impact on patients]. Jornal of Clinical Outcomes Management. 19(7), 301-309. [in USA].
9. Jue K., Nathan-Roberts D. (2019). [How noise affects patients in hospital]. Sage Journal. 63(1), 1510-1514. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1071181319631325
10. Kachaeva M.A., Shport S.V., Trushchelev S.А. (2017). Stratehycheskye napravlenyia deialnosty VOZ po okhrane psykhycheskoho zdorovia naselenyia [WHO Strategic Areas for Mental Health]. Russian Psychiatric Journal. 6, 10-23. [in Russia].
11. Nikiforova G.S (2005). Praktykum po psykholohyy zdorovia [Workshop on Health Psychology], ed. G.S. Nikiforova. SPb.: Peter. 351 s. [in Russia].
12. Ulrich R.S., Bogren L., Gardiner S. (2018). [Psychiatric ward design can reduce aggressive behavior]. Journal of Environmental Psychology. 57, 53-66. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2018.05.002
Abstract views: 48 PDF Downloads: 28