THEORETICAL ASPECTS OF THE LITERARY TEXT ADAPTATION INTO FILM SCRIPT
The article offers a comparative analysis of both texts – the literary text of the novel “Everything Is Illuminated” by Jonathan Safran Foer an American novelist, and the film adaptation of the literary text. The article issues the question of the theoretical fundamentals of the literary text adaptation into film script. The problems that arise in the process of literary text transformation into the language of the film text are highlighted. Differential peculiarities of the literary text and its film version are determined. The research proves that the text of the novel “Everything Is Illuminated” has undergone particular semantic changes and the emphasis shifted from verbal to verbal-visual in the film text, nevertheless its communicative function has been preserved.
2. Aleksandrov G.V. (1983) Epoha kino. [Era of Cinema]. Politizdat. pp. 245–248. [in Russian]
3. Domashnev A.I. (1983) Interpretatsiya hudozhestvennogo teksta: nemetskyi yazyk. [Interpretation of the Literary Text: German Language]. Prosveschenie. 1989. P. 1–99. [in Russian]
4. Golden J. (2007) Literature into Film (and Back Again): Another Look at an Old Dog. The English Journal. 97 (1). P. 24–30.
5. Foer J.S. (2002) Evеrything is Illuminated. New York. 2002. 276 p.
6. Klarer M. (2005) An Introduction to Literary Studies. New York. Routledge. 165 p.
7. Kravchenko, N. Zubets. (2015) Hydoznij tekst yak mentalne ytvorennya. [Artistic Text as a Mental Formation]. Scientific Journal Studia Ukrainica Posnaniensa. 3, pp. 145–152. [in Ukrainian]
8. MacKay J. (2017)The Truth about Kino-Pravda; or, Censorship as a Constructive Force. KinoKultura. 55. URL: https://www.academia.edu/30927866/The_Truth_about_Kino_Pravda_
9. Mast G., Cohen M. (1995) Film Theory and Criticism. Introductory Readings. Oxford University Press. 797 p.
10. Meilakh B.S. (1958) Metaphora kak element hydozhestvennoj systemy. [Metaphor as an Element of the Artistic System]. Voprosy literatury ta estetiki. 8. P. 193–222. [in Russian]
Abstract views: 19 PDF Downloads: 14