INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGAINST CORRUPTION IN PUBLIC AUTHORITIES
The article analyzes, summarizes and considers the current state of international cooperation in the fight against corruption in public authorities and identifies the benefits of participation in international anti-corruption cooperation for modern Ukraine. The variability of the existence of definitions of the concept of "corruption" has been substantiated. Defined and characterized by the transnational nature of the modern phenomenon of corruption. The reasons for the increase in the number of corruption offenses and offenses related to corruption are clarified and measures are given to improve this situation. The main directions and levels of international cooperation in the fight against corruption have been determined. The basics of international cooperation of Ukraine in the field of combating and combating corruption in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On the Prevention of Corruption" are considered. The article analyzes the regulatory and legal groundwork of the subjects of international anti-corruption activities, in particular the United Nations Convention against Corruption. The activities of influential subjects of international anti-corruption policy (GRECO, Transparency International, etc.) have been identified and characterized. The leading role of civil society institutions in the implementation of international anti-corruption policy has been clarified. Practical recommendations are proposed for improving the quality of anti-corruption measures to prevent and combat corruption for modern Ukraine in the framework of international cooperation in the fight against corruption in public authorities.
2. Tsymbaliuk, K.M. and Zherzh, N.A. (2017), “Analysis and evaluation of international policy in the field of preventing and combating corruption”, Kryminal'no-pravovi ta kryminolohichni zasoby zapobihannia koruptsii : zbirnyk tez ta dopovidej naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [Criminal law and criminological means of preventing corruption: a collection of abstracts and reports of the scientific-practical conference], Naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia “Kryminal'no-pravovi ta kryminolohichni zasoby zapobihannia koruptsii” [Scientific and practical conference “Criminal and criminological means of preventing corruption”], University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, Vinnytsia, Ukraine, 05.04.2017, pp. 290-296.
3. Vasylieva, V.P. (2019), “On international cooperation in the field of prevention and combating corruption”, Zakhyst prav i svobod liudyny ta hromadianyna v umovakh formuvannia pravovoi derzhavy : zbirnyk tez VIII Vseukrains'koi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [Protection of human and civil rights and freedoms in the conditions of formation of the rule of law: collection of abstracts of the VIII All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference], VIII Vseukrains'ka naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia “Zakhyst prav i svobod liudyny ta hromadianyna v umovakh formuvannia pravovoi derzhavy” [VIII All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference “Protection of human and civil rights and freedoms in the formation of the rule of law”], Lviv Polytechnic, Lviv, Ukraine, 30.05.2019, pp. 117-119.
4. Zelins'ka, N.A. (2009), “International legal instruments for harmonization of anti-corruption legislation”, Aktual'ni problemy derzhavy i prava, no. 46, pp. 451-456.
5. Tolochko, O.N. (2020), “International cooperation in the fight against corruption”, Hosudarstvo y pravo v XXI veke: materyaly mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-praktycheskoj konferentsyy, posviaschennoj 95-letyiu iurydycheskoho fakul'teta Belorusskoho hosudarstvennoho unyversyteta [State and Law in the XXI Century: Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference Dedicated to the 95th Anniversary of the Law Faculty of the Belarusian State University] Mezhdunarodnaia nauchno-praktycheskaia konferentsyia “Hosudarstvo y pravo v XXI veke” [International Scientific and Practical Conference “State and Law in the XXI Century”], Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus, 26-27.11.2020, pp. 1079-1083.
6. Popov, H.V. (2012), “International legal regulation of cooperation in the field of preventing and combating corruption”, Borot'ba z orhanizovanoiu zlochynnistiu i koruptsiieiu (teoriia I praktyka), no. 1 (27), pp. 135-142.
7. Suprun, T.M. (2016), “International cooperation in the fight against corruption”, Porivnial'no-analitychne pravo, no. 5, pp. 335-337.
8. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2014), The Law of Ukraine “About prevention of corruption”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1700-18#Text (Accessed 22 July 2021).
9. The official site of Transparency International (2021), “The corruption rating in Azerbaijan”, available at: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=uk&u=https://tradingeconomics.com/azerbaijan/corruption-rank (Accessed 29 July 2021).
10. The official website of the General Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Belarus (2019), “The fight against corruption in the country is not a one-time action, but a systematic daily work”. Prosecutor General Alexander Konyuk presented an anti-corruption decree at a meeting of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly”, available at: http://www.prokuratura.gov.by/ru/media/sobytiya-i-meropriyatiya/borba-s-korruptsiey-v-strane-ne-razovaya-aktsiya-a-sistemnaya-ezhednevnaya-rabota-genprokuror-aleksa/ (Accessed 28 July 2021).
11. Legislation of the CIS countries (2021), “The Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Combating Corruption” dated January 13, 2004 no. 580-ІІГ”, available at: http://base.spinform.ru/show_doc.fwx?rgn=7426 (Accessed 24 July 2021).
Abstract views: 81 PDF Downloads: 36